An Australian nurse, Bronnie Ware, has recently published a book called “The Top Five Regrets of the Dying”. She outlines her experiences with patients who have been told that they have less than 12 weeks to live.
Some of the things they say are surprising. Some are obvious. But whatever they are, you should take note.
The top five regrets are as follows:
1. I wish I’d had the courage to live a life true to myself, not the life others expected of me.
2. I wish I hadn’t worked so hard.
3. I wish I’d had the courage to express my feelings.
4. I wish I had stayed in touch with my friends.
5. I wish that I had let myself be happier.
Give it some thought. Are you working too much? Are you living the life others expect of you, not the life that you truly want? Are you keeping in touch with your friends?
Think about how you can change your life to avoid ending up saying the same things. No matter where you’re at, you can still change your life and where you’re going.